Becoming a member
We want as many people as possible to support the North East Ambulance Service by becoming a member of our foundation trust. We hope to develop a membership of people across the region who want to have a say in how their local ambulance service is run.
Membership is free and it is easy to join.
Simply complete the application form online by clicking HERE
or you can request a form from the membership office on 0191 430 2263 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
You must be at least 16 years old to become a member and live in the North East.
The information you provide here will be held on a database so that we can keep you up-to-date on our foundation trust.
There are two groups of people who can be members and there are no limits on the number of people who can join.
Members of the public, if you 16 years old or over and live in the North East region.
Members of staff, if they are on a permanent contract or a contract of at least 12 months and have worked for the Trust for 12 months. All eligible staff become members automatically unless they specify they do not wish to be.
As being a member of an NHS Foundation Trust is a responsible position therefore certain people will not be allowed to be members, for instance:
- Any vexatious individual known to the NEAS.
- Anyone known to have threatened, harassed, harmed or abused NHS staff, patients or visitors in any way.
- Members of staff who have submitted their notice of resignation (though if eligible they could apply to be public members).
- Public members will automatically join the constituency in which they live. They can vote for their governor to represent them on the Council of Governors.
- There are four constituencies which match the current operating divisions of the ambulance Trust. Which are:
North of Tyne: Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland and North Tyneside
South of Tyne: Gateshead, South Tyneside and Sunderland
Durham : County Durham and Darlington
Teesside: Hartlepool, Stockton, Middlesbrough and Redcar & Cleveland.
For further information please contact the Membership Office
Phone 0191 430 2263