Patient Transport Service booking process
When you make a booking, you will be asked a series of questions to help us assess your needs.
This is a standard assessment in line with NHS policy and is something that was introduced by local Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs), the bodies responsible for commissioning our services.
It is important you answer these as accurately as possible to ensure your needs are assessed accurately.
If you have been told you're not eligible and are concerned about this decision, please contact the Patient Advice Liaison Service.
Cancelling Booked Transport
If you need to cancel transport, please let us know as soon as possible.
A dedicated freephone cancellation line is available for you if you need to cancel your transport. It is 0300 111 0247.
Booking Patient Transport
If you are eligible for patient transport, your booking will be made to us either by your GP, hospital staff or a dedicated call centre.
The number you need to call to book Patient Transport depends on where you live.
- Patients in Newcastle and Northumberland should contact our PTS Contact Centre on 0191 2151515.
- Patients in Teesside and Darlington need to book transport by telephoning Transport Information Service on 01642 263122.
- Patients in the Durham Dales and East Durham need to telephone Travel Response Centre on 03000 269 999.
- Patients in North Tyneside, South Tyneside and Gateshead need to telephone ERS Medical on 0191 3017687.
- Patients in North Durham should either contact their GP or Travel Response Centre, this is dependent on the GP surgery.
- Patients in Sunderland either contact their GP or ERS to make bookings, this is dependent on the GP surgery.