Ambulance Care Assistant
This can often be a good introduction to an excellent career working in the ambulance service.
Ambulance Care Assistant role may be advertised on a permanent basis, as an apprentice or through our bank depending on what we require.
In order to apply you will need to:
- Have a caring disposition and will be passionate about patient care with good communication and people skills
- Be able to demonstrate a flexible, reliable and committed approach to work variable hours/shifts, including evenings and some weekend working
- Have three GCSEs at Grade C or above or equivalents or previous customer care experience or working in a caring capacity
- Have a full current driving license, valid in the UK and desirable for it to cover category C1 vehicles with no more than three penalty points
- Have previous customer care experience or working in a caring capacity
- Paid at Band 2- Agenda for Change
- You will be asked to complete a NHS job application form which will be shortlisted on the essential criteria on the person specification attached to the advert
- You will then be asked to complete a role play and an interview
Often our Ambulance Care Assistants will apply for other roles in the trust such as Clinical Care Assistant or Health Advisors as this role has given them a good understanding of our organisation.