Clinical Care Assistant
In this role you will be working along side a paramedic.
You will need to have:
- The ability to communicate effectively and establish relationships with patients, their relatives, hospital staff, GPs and emergency services is key
- As well as providing care and carrying out patient assessments, providing first aid and basic life support skills where appropriate, you will use advanced driving skills under blue light and normal traffic conditions to respond to calls
- Five GCSEs as well as experience dealing with the public and the ability to communicate with a range of people
- A C1 on your license and no more than three penatly points
- Paid at Band 3 Agenda for change with payment for unsocial hours worked
You will be asked to complete an application form which will be shortlisted on the criteria in the person specification, you will then be invited to complete an ability test to test your literacy skills as you will need to be able to write up patient information onto a patient record and then you will be invited to complete an interview and a role play as well.
At present, we are looking at routes where are Clinical Care Assistants can progress through internal routes onto paramedic degree courses. This would be subject to a recruitment process