A career as a paramedic with NEAS is an exciting and rewarding journey. No two days are the same. In 2017/18 the service answered over 1 million emergency 999 and NHS 111 calls, responded to almost 300,000 incidents that resulted in a patient being taken to hospital and treated and discharged 100,000 patients at home.
One minute you might be using your clinical skills and experience to offer life saving help to a seriously ill patient, the next you could be reassuring an elderly patient who has fallen over. You play a key role in ensuring NEAS provides the very best level of service to each patient, treating them with the dignity and respect they deserve and making a difference to their lives on a daily basis.
You will need HCPC registration, degree in paramedic science and C1 on your driving license as well as having the abiltiy to handle stressful situations and be empathetic to our patients.
The North East Ambulance Service is recruiting due to qualify, newly qualified and experienced Paramedics, we are offering:
- A relocation package of up to £8,000*
- A bespoke training package tailored to you and your needs before going live on the road including a three week familiarisation course
- An on hand mentor to guide you through your day
- Clear career progression from Paramedic to HART, Emergency Care Clinical Manager, Trauma Team Operational Manager and the Advanced Paramedic role
- Lots of opportunities for different roles such as community paramedic, prison paramedic or the ability to be involved in research