Subject access request

Accessing your personal information

Under the Data Protection Act 1998, individuals have the right to access and receive a copy of their personal data and other supplementary information.  This is called a Subject Access Request.

If you would like to request information from the Trust that is not personal to you, you should submit a Freedom of Information Request instead. Find out more here.

How we store your personal data

When you contact us, information about you and the care you receive is recorded and stored in a health and care record. This is so that the people looking after you can make the best decisions about your care.

We may hold information on your:

  • Name, age and address
  • Health conditions, treatments and medicines
  • Allergies and past reactions to medications
  • Lifestyle habits, such as whether you smoke or drink
  • Call recordings.

How to access your records

You can access your records or ask someone you trust to access them for you with your consent. This is called a Subject Access Request. 

To submit a request, please contact us at or phone us on 07773 236 264 and we’ll guide you through the process. 

To help, we have a Subject Access Request form which you can complete and either email or post to us.

We may ask you for two forms of ID to help us positively identify you. If someone else is accessing your records for you, we’ll need you to complete a consent form.

Accessing the health records of someone who has died

If you want to see the health records of someone who has died, you can apply in writing. You will only be able to access the deceased’s health records if you are either:

  • A personal representative (the executor or administrator of the deceased person's estate).
  • Someone who has a claim resulting from the death (this could be a relative or another person).

Accessing general information about NEAS

If you want to access information that we hold as a public authority, you can do this through a Freedom of Information Request. This will not give you access to any personal health records or anything that can identify a person. 

For more information, please contact:

Information Governance Team
North East Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
Bernicia House
Newburn Riverside
Newcastle upon Tyne
NE15 8NY